Re: Bskball.com Column

Thanks Mark, that's what I thought (but I was starting to doubt myself for
a second after the Josh-Chris interview). In this regard, Chris Wallace is
being a bit disingenuous in talking about maintaining roster flexibility.
I'm not really up in arms about this though, as a fan.

I can imagine, however, that even some decent veteran players might
eventually settle for a decent one year contract offer for Boston, if it
were offered. The trick obviously is to avoid the luxury cap next summer
when Pierce's extension kicks in, yet have enough supporting talent this
year so that the Celtics young nucleus can take the next step in terms of
maturity/experience by finally making the playoffs.