Re: Bskball.com Column

Joe asked:
>Is there some sort of union rule against offering players a non-guaranteed
>contract?

Not that I know of.  I just don't think the agents will let any real player
sign one.

Someone else stated:

>They won't bring in a player unless he's an impact player, but they won't
>pay an impact player what it would take to sign him.
>    Why they wouldn't/couldn't sign a Jacques Vaughn/Khalid El-Amin/Pepe
>Sanchez type point guard, for 350,000 to 500,000 is beyond me. Even if they
>had to cut him later, the amount is so small, compared to the benefit of
>having the point guard if necessary.

Why waste the minutes on these guys? How many PG's do we need? Anderson,
Brown, Palacio, Walker, Johnson, Forte.  These are the guy's that will see
minutes at the point this year.  Right or wrong.

>    It really does seem as if they don't care much about this coming season
>and might like to visit the lottery again.

By wanting to give the foundation of this team the minutes this year they
don't care?  I miss your point.  Who is out there that you would want to
give minutes to over our current people?  Is there a "starting" 1 or 5 out
there?  Absent that, what's the point of wasting minutes and money?

As Wallace said there may be a CBA guy who deserves a shot. (Over the
underachieving NBA guy's floating around.)  My add.

Plus if there is any chance of moving Anderson to another team, we are going
to have to take two roster players back.  Keeping an open spot doesn't hurt
us in any way.  IMO.

<Jim

Jim Hill
mailto:jahill@leasingservice.com