Re: Why The Celtics Won't Likely Make The Playoffs

Way Of The Ray <wayray@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Sing along with me:
>
>There's Milwaukee
you're right, Milwaukee is tough. Only chance we get W against them is
if they get Mason. Mase should kill chemistry with his off court
problems.

> and Philadelphia,

Sixers is tough too. Barring injuries to Motombo, Iverson, we should
be playing them tough in close games.

>Miami and New York,
We always play them tough. I think we would split or better it over 4
game regular season series.

>Washington with the Jordan Man,
Last season, Jordan watching from the owner's box must have been
kicking himself saying "no, no, no, not like that" Jordan gives new
dimension to the phrase "hands on" when lacing them up this coming
season. Jordan will definitely can help the kids on the court, acting
as coach on the floor (doesn't that piss Collins off?) I can't help
but look back the years Jordan with the Bulls playing in the backcourt
with - armstrong, sam vincent, craig hodges, steve kerr, rhandy brown
, harper -
with the exception of Pippen, none of the above mentioned managed to
attain all-star level, most of them played within their roles
efficiently. Probably , Jordan should have better quality/talent in
Alexander and Hamilton. But still......
Joe Johnson, Kedrick Brown, Palacio, Brown, Forte will be tough in the
backcourt.

>And Charlotte has a deep frontcourt.
I think Hornets overachieved last season. i certainly think we are a
match for them with our 3 headed monsters. Our big backcourt would
smother Wesley and Davis with swarming defense.

>Orlando has Hill/McGrady,
you forgot they got old and soft big men in Ewing and Grant, I think
if Battie/Blount/Pot has some post moves, with a focus Walker, we
should be competitive.

>The Hawks with Ratliff/Shareef,
I am waiting for the Gasol hype to burst. I really can't imagine a
euro 7 footer having the desire or the style of play of going inside
moves. i must be on a time warp, still believing the only such euro
exist in Dino Radja.

Fearless prediction : Gasol would be a "lite" version of Matt Bullard.
(Wallace was playing up Gasol to get some others to fall)

>And let's not leave out Antoine,
>who will lead the league in three-point shots,
>so the Celtics need a power forward to boot.

I am in agreement with you here in Antione. Every missed 3 pointer
(and uncollected rebound - how do our PF rebound when he's at the 3
point line shooting?)  would generate a opportunity for the opponent
to go further up by 2-3 points. I hope Antione will play more at the
post.

>And let's not forget Indiana.

let's forget the Pacemakers, unless Isiah is gone.