Re: Why The Celtics Won't Likely Make The Playoffs

Eric Botteron wrote:
>I don't understand how you can say this?  I see no reasons as to why the
>Celtics are a better team than Indiana.  Indiana has a better scoring
>tandem in Miller and Rose than Boston has in Walker and Pierce.  Isiah is
>a pretty bad coach but I have seen no evidence that suggests that O'brian
>is any better.

Based on what I saw of the pacers last season, I feel that the
veterans (Miller, Rose, Best, Croshere) did not respond well to
Isiah's methods and it was translated into poor play on the court.
Only when their playoff hopes (and pride) were on the line, did the
vets stepped up during the last 10 games or so. Seemed like they tuned
Isiah out, much like the Cs with Pitino.

I believe there's chemistry problems between Isiah and the players.

I believe OB has better chemistry with our players as compared with
Isiah, so that *might* translate to a better functioning team,
hopefully translating into Ws on the court.

Eric Botteron wrote:
>The Pacers have a front office that seems to know what
>they're doing so if they need a move it might acctually get made.

I think Pacer management is overated. In my opinion they've got their
share of bad moves like: Croshere is overpaid, as is Jalen, Jeff
Foster trade costs too much (vonteego cummings + troy murphy), gambled
wrongly on Bender, did not chose continuity after Bird left by hiring
Isiah.

But in general, Donnie Walsh has a good reputation as a GM  - based on
Bird (at Pacers) era and before.

>ThePacers have basically the same core group of guys coming back
>next year so they should be more comfortable playing together than the Celtics.

Isn't this strange? Isiah inherited basically the same squad from
Bird, yet struggled to get into the playoffs. Maybe they'll do better
this year, hopefull the players will play FOR Isiah.

>Last,but not least, they have a power forward that, you're not gonna believe
>this, acctually plays like he's a power forward.

I fully agree Antione should park his ass down low and do some Ben
Wallace/Dale Davis work. This season with potentially good perimeter
shooters (JJ, JF, KB and a improved Palacio), Antione could be
instructed to roam more down the low post.

kevin