re: Cavs game

> From: Celtic4Hire@AOL.com
>
> A funny thing happened on the way to the office. A basketball game was
> started and then a refereeing contest broke out. Walker got a early
> discipline toss. Pierce got a bizarre wrong call of palming the ball
> (which
> he did) but he did it while rotating on his pivot foot before he started
> his
> dribble. He then also get a T for doing a slight chinup on a dunk while
> waiting for players to disperse underneath. The refs thought they were the
> show.

That's exactly it.  A good ref is one with little or no ego.  Refs who
want to be the center of attention pervert the game.  The "palming" call
and the tech for hanging on the rim were utterly ridiculous.  Having said
that, I would think as a player, you'd have to play through that.  What
was the deal with the call on Walker, though?  Looked like he did one of
those ironic clapping things and got tossed for "showing up the refs"
(though he may have said something to the zebras -- god knows how they
hate to be called certain (applicable) names).

> Speaking of not putting out, Kenny is tops. It is either that he is so
> much
> toast that he doesn't look like he ever had game. You would think a point
> guard who has been in the league for 10 years could hit a shot or two. I
> don't think he shot a basketball all  summer.

Actually, I was going to post to say that I needed to give Kenny his props
on this game.  He went 11 and 7 before fouling out and actually looked
pretty good -- "whizzing passes" and the like for real, I thought.  He
missed his share of jumpers, but with Walker out, you could feel the
question permeating the arena: who would help Paul Pierce score the
basketball?

(The Celtic "Tird")