No Subject

This is from the same Herald article:

"The Celtics may be in great shape and all that, but it appears the club
hasn't totally sworn off fun food.
Prior to last night's game, a Hornets' equipment staffer made a run to a
local Krispy Kreme shop and loaded 20 dozen doughnuts on the team's bus for
the flight to Cleveland after the game."

Geez, 240 donuts for a two hour flight? An earlier report had the Celtics
eating after practice at the Wendy's fast food chain.

I find it amazing that a professional sports organization wouldn't set
rules on nutrition during the season. They might as well hand out
cigarettes on the bench during timeouts.

A Krispy Kreme run is not the ideal way to prepare for back-to-back games.
Obie and the coaching staff needs to get a clue.

These kids are getting paid 45 million dollars in salary to work like
professionals during the season. Letting pro athletes over consume junk
food in front of your eyes is akin to letting air traffic controllers smoke
dope and finish off six packs in the control tower. 20 dozen donuts seems
like a staggering amount of over-consumption less than 24 hours before a
game. Its a facet of the "American way" I guess. Good for a recovering
economy.

The players are young and shouldn't be expected to know better about
nutrition than we did at that age (or even now for that matter), but surely
the coaching staff does. Fine, the younger player's will cheat above what's
allowed on the training table. But this kind of thing is so brazen.

I wouldn't want Obie babysitting my kid, much less responsible for making
highly paid pro athletes accountable to the hopes and dreams of Boston
fans. I know I'm way over-reacting.