Re: Sunday Rambles

Simon wrote:

> > Especially if you look at the upcoming draft. Point guards
> > aplenty, big men bereft.  Except Yao, and who knows
> > how long it's going to take to stabilize his contract situation.
> > Oh well, maybe a surprise Euro Big Man or two will draw
> > some attention like 18-year old Georgian Nickoloz Tskitishvili
>
> Nice post, Ray. I'll give you credit on this one. Good to read some
> constructive thoughts; I'm sure others would agree.
>
> However, I will question the upcoming draft as being bereft of big men;
> you have Yao Ming of course,

When will he actually play in the NBA?

> Amare Stoudamire,

Scary family life, compared to a young Shawn Kemp

> Drew Gooden,

pretty good combo forward, probably lottery bound

> Chris Marcus,

Hello, I'm James Donaldson, and better than any of the Celtics
big men in time

> Carlos Boozer....

There are those who think he's better suited to be a small forward.

> At the secondary level you have guys like Chris
> Massie, Melvin Ely

Beware of Fresno State

> and UCLA's Dan Gadzuric

Now, he has talent, but iffy knees. Baby Shaq they call him.

> who hasn't delivered the
> goods thus far at the college level as expected.
>
> What are your opinions on those guys? Are they all duds?

More duddish than the past draft. But there are always surprises....
Ray