Re: Deal with the Devil

At 10:21 15/10/01 -0400, Way Of The Ray wrote:
>(...) depriving us of any number of more attractive
>options(picking another player like Radman at 11, packaging the 11 and
>the 21 to move up for White or Griffin, deferring the Denver pick).

These opinions are subjective and might not be based on an actual
comparison of the "disappointing" pre-season play of Kedrick Brown with the
other consensus lottery picks mentioned (Eddie Griffin, Rodney White and
Radman).

Kedrick has been held to just 11 minutes per game in the exhibition season,
averaging 5.0 ppg in that time.

By contrast, Rodney White is averaging all of 2.0 ppg (2-9FG) in each of
his last two exhibition games spanning 32 minutes. His playing time has
actually been reduced with each game he's appeared in, after taking 11
shots in the preseason opener. Bear in mind that the post above advocates
packaging both Kedrick and Joe Forte for Rodney White. Based on what? I
hope he's talking about the referee Joe Forte.

Vladimir Radmanovic is your typical struggling rookie. Viewed as a
phenomenal shooter, he's making less than a third of his shots (6-19) in
three games thus far (1-7 on treys). After getting 20+ minutes of PT in
each of the first two games (7 fouls), he was cut back to 14 minutes in his
third outing (2 fouls).

Eddie Griffin has three DNPs in three exhibition games. He must have an
injury of some sort. Does anyone know why Griffin hasn't played yet?

Given the evidence to date, in my opinion the above post is a pretty lame
"I TOLD YOU SO!".

I'm sure we would be wringing our hands even harder right now if we had
drafted those other "consensus mock draft lottery picks". And
unnecessarily, I might add.

In another sport, these four "phenoms" would open the season playing Double
A ball instead of being viewed as a wasted draft pick based on a couple of
freaking exhibition games. Give it a rest.

-----