Deal with the Devil

This was posted by Rutledge.  A very interesting take
on Kedrick Brown ....

I can't help thinking the C's blew the last draft when they did a deal
with the devil (Arn Tellem) to take the untested Kedrick Brown at 11.
While obviously way premature to write Kedrick off, he looks to me like
a pretty typical late first, early second round draft choice --- some
obvious athletic ability, some range on his shot but a very immature
game, with no obvious position.  Flashing the ridiculous 6'7" 221
graphic will not convince anyone that he has the size to play the 3
well; I see no evidence of his having the handle now to play the 2
well.  (By contrast, I think Joe Johnson looks like he has the size and
skills to be able to play both those positions --- and to be part of the
regular rotation this year for sure.)  Maybe Brown will develop into a
decent player (as some late firsts, early seconds do each year), but why
take him in the lottery? Does he really look like he warrants being
taken 10 places ahead of Forte? It seems that the C's braintrust thought
they could outsmart Tellem, and the other GMs around the league, by
guaranteeing Brown the 11th position if he wouldn't work out for other
people --- all it did was lock us in to drafting him 10-20 picks earlier
than we should have, depriving us of any number of more attractive
options(picking another player like Radman at 11, packaging the 11 and
the 21 to move up for White or Griffin, deferring the Denver pick).
Bill