Re: Gary Trent

Josh O. wrote:

I'm sure we're too cheap to do something like this.

---end---

If that's the case, then let's give up. Trent is expected to sign a one-year
contract with the T-Wolves today for the six-year veteran's minimum of
$715,580. You're telling me the Celts couldn't afford that?

These are some of the things that drive me crazy. Now we're trying to get
Chris Herren back because Randy Brown is hurt. Did Brown's injury take
anyone other than Chris Wallace by surprise? I like Chris Herren, but the
team certainly seemed to like Khalid El-Amin more. But because they wouldn't
commit to a cheap one-year contract, El-Amin signed with Dallas and the
Celtics are desperately trying to get Herren out of his contract in Italy to
cover for Randy Brown. On the day training camp starts. Herren probably will
spend two weeks trying to get out of the contract and we'll get all the
stories about how he's not in game shape and missed too much time to be
ready and blah, blah, blah...

It's one thing to fear the luxury tax-I understand that. But we're talking
about pinching pennies to the extreme. These are short-term, cheap contracts
for guys who could help around the edges.

Mark

P.S. Did anyone else see Vecsey's story today that the Knicks are on the
verge of trading Charlie Ward for either Eric Dampier, Adonal Foyle or Greg
Ostertag? Charlie Ward??? With three years and $17 million left on his
contract? Yet he fetches a serviceable big man? Am I missing something? I
thought Ward was just as untradeable as Kenny, if not more so. Unbelievable.