Re: Mason

         Yes this could almost represent the missing piece, what with
another tough rebounder in Walker playing alongside him at small forward
and lots of height and perimeter shooting at the guard positions. I guess
we'd have to research his character though. I've never payed much attention
to Mason's career, but I've heard he's no choir boy. The Celtics right now,
if nothing else, have admirable team chemistry and character. Personally, I
hope the Celtics don't sign a minimum wage point guard even if Randy Brown
retires.

         I don't know the cap rules at all, but I wish Boston would
frontload a contract's first year salary so that a veteran could slip under
the luxury tax the following year with a lower wage (when Pierce's contract
kicks in and Kenny/Eric are still on the books).