Re: NBA previews

Um, let's take a look at the playoff rosters of the
Raptors and Magic.  The Raptors started alongside
Carter these players: Antonio Davis, Charles Oakley,
Alvin Williams and Chris Childs.  The starters
received the bulk of the minutes.  J.Williams, K.
Clark, D. Curry, and M. Peterson received bout 10
minutes a piece off the bench.  How in the world, in
this lineup, could Vince Carter have been used as a
shooting guard?

Similarly, McGrady played alongside a thug rotation of
PF/Center types (Declercq, Outlaw, Amaechi, Garrity,
Doleac) while the undisputed guards on the team were
Armstrong and Miller,  with Dee Brown and backup PG
Hudson logging the backup minutes at guard.  How, in
this lineup can McGrady be used as a SG?  I watched
the games and am absolutely certain that McGrady
guarded Glenn Robinson pretty much the entire playoff
series, and shut him down too.

McGrady and Vince Carter were certainly used primarily
as SF's last season and in the playoffs.  Unless you
want to make an arguement that Mike Miller and Alvin
Williams are small forwards...

I know that many people revere Paul Pierce, but he is
NOT the best small forward in the NBA.  I would take
Grant Hill, McGrady, or Vince Carter over him in a
heartbeat.  Until Pierce decides to spend more energy
on defense and improves his court awareness and
passing abilities, he will remain in the second
echelon of small forwards.

http://phone.yahoo.com