Re: Indy game

 One last thing. Let's start de-mythologizing Antoine. Let's
> start with baby steps: the whole Antoine won't let anybody else be the
star
> of this team. Antoine won't let anybody else take the big shots because
he's
> so selfish. Can we all agree that the evidence proves this one wrong? Joe
> Johnson has been in the league how long and they're calling plays for him
at
> the end of games and Antoine isn't complaining!He's actually following the
> game plan! This isn't the "ballhog" who demands the big shots to make
> himself look good. This looks an awful lot like a guy who just wants to
win.
> Like I said, baby steps.
>
> Paul M.

This is what Toine has been saying all along.  He really hasn't had the
horses to go along with him and now he has a few more capable weapons.  I
think most pro players in any sport want to play for a championship and
willingly make the necessary sacrifices to at least get there.  I believe
it's obvious that Antoine does not want to be viewed as a Barry Bonds-type
player.  One who has HOF stats but no ring to show that his team, for at
least one year, was the best.  He is genuine when he says that he will do
whatever it takes from him to help this team get into the playoffs where
anything can happen.

Cecil