I'm Already Excited

Unless you want to sit around and wait to see if the team is "good enough"
  to root for, welcome to the bandwagon.  The Celtics may not extrapolate
their current 5-2 record into a 50-win season, but they don't have to
(though, of course, that would be nice).  Joe, I think if you get a chance
to watch the Indy game, you ought to do it, as it may change your
perception a bit.  Like others have mentioned, though the C's were in
danger of losing last night, they always responded -- in ways previous
years' teams weren't capable of.  Sure, sure, easy opening schedule, teams
were tired, had injuries ... big deal.  In the end they don't weigh wins,
a W is a W is a W.

I admit I was leery of the "third scorer" option -- that is, find a third
scorer to complement P & W instead of looking say, for a big man or a
point guard.  However, I find with Obie the best thing to do is accept,
take your medication, and move on.  Four three-point bombers and a stick
center?  Sure.  Antoine as power forward?  Okie dokie.  Eric Williams as
defensive stopper and team cornerstone?  Um, yeah, sure, OK.  We're going
to live *and* die by these sorts of things, no question, but at least
there's a plan being stuck to, not a mongrel hybrid that never seems to
accomplish much.  The team is exciting to watch: they're running, playing
much better defense, the captains are producing, 1/3 of the Rookie Corps
is stepping up, the Center Troika actually does look decent (even if the
minutes at the position are befuddling), Kenny Anderson is playing
well (?!) -- it's all a bit much for me.

Will it continue?  I don't know; that's what the other games are played
for.  I have a lot more confidence in this team, though.  It may be
difficult to make the playoffs because many Eastern teams have improved
(Indy, Detroit, etc.) -- but, many look awfully vulnerable, as well (New
York, Miami).

(The Celtic "Tird")