Re: Indy game

In a message dated 11/15/01 6:31:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
j.hironaka@unesco.org writes:

> Last night the Celtics beat an Indy team playing at full strength. But
> Indiana was also tired, whereas we hadn't played a game since Friday.
> What's more, in order to pull away at the end, Boston actually needed the
> new "Big Three" to each pitch remarkable, near "perfect games" while also
> holding Indiana to a flukey .393FG% for the game.
>
> I welcome this huge win, but I mean how often is that going to happen?

Joe, have you been hanging out with Way of late?  Go to early in the 4th (or
late 3d) when it's 86-86, Indiana having made up a 7 point halftime deficit.
The 2000-01 Celtics lose that game, no question in my mind whatever.  The
01-02 Celtics win it.  It isn't a 20 point whupping of the Lakers in LA; it
isn't a season sweep of Philly, but it is better than we have seen in some
time.  How often is it going to happen?  About 25-50% more often than it
happened last year.
 - Doug in LA