Re: Indy game

> Joe, have you been hanging out with Way of late?

Like I said in an earlier post given what we've seen for almost a decade I
really can't blame anybody for being a little skeptical. However...

>Go to early in the 4th (or
> late 3d) when it's 86-86, Indiana having made up a 7 point halftime
deficit.
> The 2000-01 Celtics lose that game, no question in my mind whatever.  The
> 01-02 Celtics win it.  It isn't a 20 point whupping of the Lakers in LA;
it
> isn't a season sweep of Philly, but it is better than we have seen in some
> time.  How often is it going to happen?  About 25-50% more often than it
> happened last year.
>  - Doug in LA

the above is right on the money. Good schedule, home games, back to backs,
it didn't matter last year or the year before because this team had no
chance. The sucked and it was obvious to everybody. This is a different
team. I'm almost afraid to say it, but we might have to start accepting that
29-26 doesn't lie. Erick Strikland and Joe Johnson are seriously what this
team needed. Again, not everything they needed, but - look, I don't want to
keep repeating myself but at what point do we start actually believeing this
team has at least turned the corner? Will .500 at the end of this month do
it? If nothing else O'Brien has this team ready to play an awful lot more
than Pitino did. One last thing. Let's start de-mythologizing Antoine. Let's
start with baby steps: the whole Antoine won't let anybody else be the star
of this team. Antoine won't let anybody else take the big shots because he's
so selfish. Can we all agree that the evidence proves this one wrong? Joe
Johnson has been in the league how long and they're calling plays for him at
the end of games and Antoine isn't complaining!He's actually following the
game plan! This isn't the "ballhog" who demands the big shots to make
himself look good. This looks an awful lot like a guy who just wants to win.
Like I said, baby steps.

Paul M.