Antoine's shooting

At 11:20 AM 11/4/2001 -0500, MetNut9@AOL.com wrote:
>...Walker take as many awful shots. Who would you rather have shoot it,
>Kenny?
>Vitaly?, Battie?, Williams?

Yes!!

>Walker and Pierce are going to get a better
>chance of making it then those other guys.

It's not the shots they have a *better* chance of making that drive me
nuts, it's the ones they *don't*. Like a good 1/3 of Antoine's shots (being
generous, here). How can anybody else be a 3rd scoring option with Toine
taking 30 shots!! And there was Pierce on a break, dribbling with his head
down and a free teamate ahead of him. Look up and pass the damn ball!

And how many times was a rebound available, but not a Celtic to be found
under the basket, not even the PF or center?

Walker is not good enough to take things over by himself, and if he doesn't
realize that now, in his 5th (?) year, he never will. This leaves the team
at a dead end, unless Toine has a lobotomy and is reborn with Scottie
Pippen's brain.  He has matured in that he's better with the refs and
acting less like a hotdog (now we have Tony Battie to pick up the slack in
that area), but he still doesn't have the decision-making and talent that
he thinks he does.

We won't get very far with mediocre centers and no true power forward.

Doesn't Kidd make you ache for a true PG?  Would Walker and Pierce run if
we did have Kidd?  Did we miss the boat with Tinsley? I'm an Erik
Strickland fan, but not at the expense of Joe Forte.

I dunno, sometimes they look smooth, but basically they don't play smart,
basic, basketball most of the time. As Heinsohn said, Antoine needs to get
out the basketball 101 primer and start from scratch.

ugh,

  --Ellie