shot selection

I would rather no one takes an awful shot. I don't begrudge anything
Antoine does as the shot clock winds down, but a terrible off-balance
shot or a drive into a 7-footer or a contested 3-pointer with 12 seconds
on the clock is not necessary. It can't be defended by saying "Well,
Antoine has a better chance at making that shot than Vitaly Potapenko."
We're not asking someone else to take the same shot -- we want a shot
that's easier than Antoine's impossible shot.

There's only one other player in the NBA who would be allowed to shoot
6-for-29, and that's Allen Iverson (maybe Jerry Stackhouse), who has a
chance to make a shot of any degree of difficulty. Some of Antoine's
have no chance.

Anyone want to take a bet that no one in the NBA will take 29 or more
shots this year and make six or fewer in a game?

STEVE