Re: Melon Boy

>We've tried everything else.

Mark...let's start here. What have we actually tried? Let's talk "facts on
the ground" and not hypotheticals. They tried acquiring and signing long
term a point guard that even you have to admit sucks. He sucked pre-Antoine,
he sucks now. Then they acquired another point guard, Milt Palacio who is
CBA material. CBA then, CBA now. So, let's be honest, they either never
tried acquiring a real point guard or they, oh let's stop screwing around,
or Pitino had his head up his ass when it came to acquiring a point guard
who could actually play his "run and gun" style. Run and gun doesn't
actually rhyme with Kenny or VP, now does it? Ricky's a genius. And let me
slip into my second point, the Satanic Antoine holding everybody hostage.
Antoine didn't shove Ricky's head up his ass, Ricky put it there himself.
Does Danny Fortson remind you of run and gun? And you even admitted at the
time that he couldn't play defense. Let's talk center. VP and El Busto? El
Busto was El Busto pre-Antoine. Vitaly was a back up. Mark Blount? Please.
How about Eric Williams? So you tell me...everybody seems to think that this
team has needed a third scorer for a long time. You know what, somebody, I
don't know who, commented earlier this week that Ron Mercer would've made a
great third scorer coming off the bench. Well crap, maybe Ricky should've
thought of that before he traded him for than running and gunning Danny
Fortson.You know what, please, everybody, Antoine doesn't have pictures of
Ricky in drag riding an aroused donkey!  Ricky was in charge!. He was a
moron! Antoine's not holding anybody hostage. They can trade him tomorrow if
they want. I'm betting that this regime realized that Pitino was a total
failure and they actually believe that surrounded by better players - THEY
got the third scorer and it took them what, one draft! - Antoine is a
serious asset. In exactly the way he was a serious asset during the
post-Pitino games. And before I forget, if Antoine can't stand to play with
other scorers then how did Paul get to be player of the month? Shouldn't
Walker have broken his legs or soemthing. But to get back to my point:

>If the team
> around him has to be just exactly perfect

I'm not expecting perfect. I'm expecting something better than what Pitino
got us. Is Terrell Brandon better than Kenny? You bet your ass, Mark.
Anthony Peeler came off the bench on that team! You want scoring. Garnett,
Peeler, Brandon, Sczerbiak...Tom Hammonds is even better than enything we
have. But forget Hammonds. That's four players who can score. Please, the
donkey rider got us one. Oh, I forgot, Bryant Stith! You could've given
Ricky 10 more years and he couldn't have come up with Anthony Peeler! Why,
because his head was permanently installed up his ass. Anyway , some
unproven rookie is suddenly our third best player! Is that Antoine's fault.
And ok, lets look closer at the Wolves. Dean Garrett can actually catch a
ball which makes him better than VP. I'm sorry, you can go up and down that
lineup and Eric Williams, ElBusto and VP wouldn't play a minute for them.
They have better players. And they acquired them without giving up Kevin
Garnett. I'm not looking for perfect, I'm looking for better than total
ineptitude. I know I haven't address all your points but I have to go and
I'll come back to them. I simply don't think you need to trade Antoine or
Pierce to upgrade this team. From what I can tell, this team immediately
upgraded when Pitino left town. After what, over a hundred roster moves
you'd think that a better gm would've come up with soomething better than
Eric Williams El Busto and Milt Palacio. I still think it's possible. And if
we're willing to blame Walker for the team's failure, I just think it funny
that he had "nothing" to do with the team going .500 lat year. And I just
think that .500 with these players is a miracle. I'll be back.

Paul M.