Re: The Walker debate

At 07:40 PM 11/3/2001, pmaurice wrote:
>I don't see why you assume the following.
>
> > On the current team, you now have Anderson back and Joe Johnson available.
> > I believe that the team is closer to what I described in (2a) above than
> > (2b), and that is what Wallace is shooting for. So far, Walker is operating
> > under last year's approach and heaving up a ton of shots (leading the
> > league). Amazingly, he's shooting 20% from two point range compared to 40%
> > from three point range. Obviously he's not making optimal shooting
> > decisions and you can't really blame it on O'Brien.
>
>You aren't saying that Antoine is wrong to play under last year's approach,
>are you?

Actually I didn't mean to say that, though I didn't state that clearly at
all. I think that at the beginning of the season (and perhaps the whole
season if Johnson doesn't develop or Kenny doesn't put up double figure
scoring), Antoine will need to put up a lot of points for the Celtics to
succeed, like last year.

But I think that he's shooting 20% rather than his customary 45% in part
because he is making some poor decisions on offense (like Kestas says). I
don't think you can excuse it all by saying that he needs to put up 20-30
shots because I think he could still make better choices with those
opportunities. Overall though, I don't worry about it because it's only
three games into the season.

Alex