Re: latest internet rumor...and it's a doozy

OK, this probably is nonsense, but at least it's worth discussing. This
certainly seems like a plausible trade, but I seriously hope they don't do
that deal just to grab Battier. I've come around on him as a prospect, but
is he significantly better than Rodney White, Pau Gasol, Joe Johnson or any
of the other players who may be there at 10? I like the creativity, just not
so sure about the target. But a Brand-Battier-Pierce-Mercer combo at the
2-3-4 positions certainly gives you more scoring punch. Mercer might start
at first, but eventually he'd slide into the role he's best suited for-sixth
man. It solves some of the questions regarding positional problems with
Toine at PF. I don't know. Of course, if you could do Mercer and 4 for the
first or second pick, that would get you where you need to be...

No orgasm here, but it's interesting.

Mark