Re: Crazy Trade Idea

----- Original Message ----- From: <kai_brunnen_g@ix.netcom.com>

> So it's a compromise - Rahim has a little less
> value than Walker;  the 4th pick has a little more value than
> 10 & 11. So you finagle the deal and work things out.

I'd certainly give this deal some thought, from the Celtics perspective,
with the condition that the 4th pick is projected to be what you have been
calling an 'impact' player.  I'd say that, if it is, then the 4th pick has a
lot more value than 10 & 11, though, which is why I doubt Vancouver would do
this.  But you never know.  Who are we looking at being available, say if
Ming is in and Williams is not?

Another question to throw out there: Shareef is in Walker's draft class, and
got the same maximum contract as him, right?  Who else has that contract?
Kobe?  Others?  What about the next year, Duncan, Van Horn, etc.?  Those
guys would still have BYC, yes?  I guess what I'm asking is, is it easy to
put together a list of players that you could trade Antoine for straight up?
I've said for a couple of years that this is the summer to consider a major
trade like this, with several assets all  tradeable.  Let's see some more
possibilities!

Jim