draft

I've been recovering from surgery, so I couldn't post,
but I am thrilled and delighted to hear that so many
great athletes have come out.  (And it sounds like
Kwame Brown is next.)

We are guaranteed of getting three excellent players on
the team.  I still see, even with Brown and Ming, a talent
dropoff after nine (Ming, Griffin, the four high schoolers,
the two michigan state guys, and Battier) but one of them
will surely drop to us at ten. If we want him!  Personally,
I would be very happy with Joe Johnson as our third scorer,
Ousmane Cisse as our rebounder/beast/shotblocker, and
Tito Maddox as our point guard if we are somehow lucky
enough to get him at 21 (otherwise Tinsley or Cook.)
Woods should probably be available to us as well, and
I'm not sure I could pass him up, given his mid-range game
and Camby-like shotblocking ability.

Other players we have to seriously consider include
Gerald Wallace, the gifted swingman from Alabama, known
for his swooping dunks and blocks (who needs Jason Richardson?)
and Mike White of Charlotte, another very talented player too light
to contribute at this time, but possibly a star down the road.  I love
johnson's instincts best though, and see him as a genuine Penny Hardaway
type that would fit in well with the Celtics.  The other guy, be he Cisse
or Woods, has to be somebody that can contribute on defense right away
and doesn't need the ball much.  Polished players like Bradley or Murphy
would also help, and if they can hold their own on D at all need to be
considered.