RE: Crazy Trade Idea

> ** Original Subject: RE: Crazy Trade Idea
> ** Original Sender: "Jim Meninno" <Jim_Meninno@hotmail.com>
> ** Original Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 13:36:04 -0700

> *1* Original Message follows...

> ----- Original Message ----- From: <kai_brunnen_g@ix.netcom.com>
>
> >Walker and 10 and 11 for Shareef and 4. It works cap wise and is logical.
>
> Question:  Including Walker and Abdur-Rahim makes this deal more attractive
> for which team?  Ie, why not just trade the picks?
>
> Jim

For both teams. Rahim offers you more stability than Walker.
Walker gives the Grizzlies a replacement for Rahim,
who Vancouver has to trade, and everyone knows it, so
his trade value has been lessened. I don't think Vancouver
would do a straight up 4 for 10 & 11. And I don't
think the Celtics would just trade Walker for Rahim
(Although they should).

So it's a compromise - Rahim has a little less
value than Walker;  the 4th pick has a little more value than
10 & 11. So you finagle the deal and work things out.
Ray