Re: Walker performance vs Atl]

> >So far Pierce has stepped up his game, but eventually opposing teams will
> >double him whenever he gets the ball.
>
> Huh?  Aren't they doubling him now?  I don't see him taking many
> shots where there's only one guy guarding him (OK, when he _blows by_
> the original defender, that may be the case).  Tommy even made
> reference to a play where Pierce had "four guys on him!" -- more
> about a collapsing Chicago defense rather than four defenders
> _really_ playing one guy, but Pierce gets double- and even
> triple-teamed on a regular basis.  Has all year, if I'm not mistaken.

Amen to that. There was the key basket in the Atlanta game where Paul Pierce hit
that MONSTER three-pointer where the Howard David and Cedric Maxwell could not
believe the shot, not a direct quote, but "there were four hands right in his face
and he hit that shot."

Every game, especially in the past fortnight, I've heard Cedric or Howard saying
that "Paul beats et another double team for the bucket".

The second Paul gets the ball the double-team arrives and often teams are playing
close to illegal defense to ensure a quick double team on him.