Random thoughts

It may be easy to poke fun at Ray but he was not the only one who thought
the Cs blew last year's pick. I was hoping for Courtney Alexander or Mo
Petersen or perhaps even DeShawn Stephenson (IIRC). The funniest thing I
read about Moiso was a crack (before the draft, mind you) by Josh Ozersky
that Moiso was "Waltah McCarty with a French accent".

BTW - when did Tony Battie morph into Pervis Ellison?

Now it sounds like neither Kenny Anderson nor Randy Brown will be back next
year. I'll be very surprised if Bryant Stith is back either, despite all the
praise for his being the good soldier, defender and all-around team guy. The
Cs desperately need more production from his SG spot and I think it far more
likely that they'll be breaking in someone who they see as a long-term
solution at the spot, especially considering that they have 3 1st rounders.
Plus Stith has got to be thinking of parlaying this season into a back-up
stint with a title contender before his body gives out.

It will be difficult to unload Anderson, if whoever the Cs hire as GM etc
decides that is the direction to go. I wonder if Portland would consider
Walker + Anderson for Stoudamire + Davis? I wonder if the Cs should even
consider it - I've never been much a fan of the 'mighty mouth' even when he
played for AZ.

Walker, say what you want, has got to be one of the most entertaining
players going. Your either cursing or praising him from one moment to the
next - regardless of which team you're rooting for. He's one of those unique
talents that can keep both teams in the game. Not only is he a league leader
in 3pointers made and leads all PFs in assists but he also leads the league
in missed 3pointers (the basketball equivalent of GIDP since it often leads
to opposition fastbreaks) and I'd be surprised if he didn't lead all PFs in
TOs. And for all his well-roundedness he is still lacking in one key
fundamental - defense, the one that is supposedly key to winning. I guess
that's why we all have such fun with him.

Go Celts and AZ 'Cats!! - Tom Murphy