Re: More Positives (Not involving Pierce)

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:23:56 -0500, "Robert Chin" <bobchin@shore.net> wrote:

>>Mark Blount had a pretty nice game today.  2-2 from the field, 6-7 form the
>>line, including a pair of big ones in OT.  Part of the reason the Hawks
>>almost won this game in regulation was him being on the bench in the 4th.
>>While he sat, the Hawks we able to get shots AND rebounds in the paint.
>>When he came back in, that changed things.
>>
>>I hope the C's brain trust start to recognize the impact Blount has on the
>>defense.  It may not always show up in numbers because there is no stat for
>>shots that were changed or turned down because the shooter was intimidated
>>by him.  The fact is in the foruth quarter, the Hawks were able to abuse the
>>C's, and especially Walker, in the paint when Blount was out.
>>
>>For the season, Blount is at a pretty respectable 47.8% from the field,
>>despite some pretty horrible offensive games.  He has shown resiliency and
>>stuck with it.  It would be nice to push him a little more to see what he
>>has by actually running plays for him.

Hi Bob,
Do you know how did Lorenzo Wright came up with a monster game? I followed the
game via weei and always hear Wright with the offensive board, seemed like nobody
put a body on him. I think V and Blount (and AW too) must box out more, we seem to
always board less than any opposing team.

some comments:
- I noticed the last 5 games or so, AW plays quiet during the 2nd half. I think he
is differring to PP more and more, during crunch time. AW not really forcing
things (I think he forces more during the 1st half of games), even shooting less
3s (as compared to 1st halfs). Like many people, I feel more comfortable with AW
playing closer to the basket. I think AW this summer must work on a medium range
jumper like Karl Malone's.

- end of the game interview with PP had a funny moment. Howard David (or Maxwell)
ask PP how important was his 39 points in the win, and PP murmurred something.
Howard asked "what?" PP, catching his breath, said aloud "41, it's 41 points". And
everybody laughed hysterically.

- earlier on in the season under Pitino, we had similar games like this, where the
opponent would just shoot the lights out (I think Hawks were shooting over 50%),
and we would just fold. Now it seemed like we have that "never say die" attitude
and pull out a big W. But I think we are living dangerously with "living or dying
with the 3" sets.

I hope we play smart in chicago next.

cheers