wow! get this. Kenny almost went

From Vescey's column:

Sources say the Celtics nearly accepted the Mavericks' invitation to assume Kenny Anderson's salary (two years to go after this at $17.5M) in return for season-ending contracts and Boston's three first-round picks. Who knows what would've happened had John (Why?) Brown not been consulted.

There's a reference only hardcore fans will get.  Would you have like to see this go through?  For my
money, first-round picks are too valuable to give up three of them in order to get rid of kenny.  And
who's to say that he might not be a valuable if overpaid reserve on next year's team.  Of if we use those
picks wisely, and the guys are attractive, maybe we can send out a good player with him to make the
deal more valuable.  Anyway, if they are worried about the luxury tax, they better get rid of Kenny, because
they have to sign Paul Pierce soon, and I suspect he's going to want a lot.