Wallace on Kedrick Brown

I caught Wallace's short interview on WEEI on their afternoon replay. I
wasn't listening that carefully so it might not be completely accurate.
Kedrick's JC coach, Bruce Stewart, has evidently coached in the CBA and had
coached several current NBA players including Bo Outlaw. He called Wallace
a year ago and told him he had a kid who was more athletic than anyone he's
ever coached. Wallace and Papile made a trip to see him work out and were
blown away. So they've had their eye on him for a while, and surely know
him better than almost any other pro team. Wallace seemed to dance around
the idea of an agreement, only saying that they expressed a great deal of
interest in Kedrick to his agent. Whatever, I didn't really understand it
and it seems like the agent has confirmed the deal.

He also mentioned that they had a list of five players that they were
hoping to get: Battier, Richardson, White, Kedrick Brown, and Joe Johnson.
I think he put it in the context of talking to Kedrick Brown's agent: "We
would be unhappy if we didn't get at least one guy from that list." I guess
that served as a sort of implicit guarantee that we would take Kedrick
Brown with one of our picks unless something really weird happened, like
Kwame Brown and Gasol both dropping to us. We know that Diop was lower on
their list; other than that, it's not clear what their exact draft board was.

He also mentioned that he had Johnson ranked in the top 7, I think. Seems
to be another way of saying he was #7 on their board, otherwise he'd say
"top 6" for greater effect.

Alex