From: Berry, Mark S [mailto:berrym@BATTELLE.ORG]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 2:19 PM
To: 'celtics@igtc.com'
Subject: Katz's latest mock draft makes me a little queasy...

I don't know how to react to this. His last mock draft is going on live
right now. At 10, he has the Celts taking Gasol. Fine. Great. At 11, he has
the Celts taking Kedrick Brown, even though Diop is available (that happened
because he claims Detroit, especially Rick Carlisle, suddenly has fallen in
love with Troy Murphy). I'd even be OK with that (although passing on Diop
gives me a headache), but Katz says the Celts may be picking Kedrick Brown
for Portland, and dealing him to the Blazers in a salary-related move. He
mentions cap space, but there's no way the Celts can get under the cap. If
this really happens, the Celtics would basically be dumping the draft pick
in order to save money. That would be utterly inexcusable. He has Diop going
at 12 to Seattle.

Ugh... if that happens after all this draft-related excitement, I may throw
up...