No to Troy Murphy

Fyi, I watched a tape of Troy Murphy playing against the USA Olympic team
from last year and he was a stiff compared to the other college
players(Guys like Battier, Collison from Kansas, Terrance Morris, Jason
Richardson competed hard on help D and Rebounding, and were
successful against the NBA players).  For Murphy, whenever a big man got
the ball inside, he would watch his man or the man he should be helping
on, get a layup.  He didn't try banging bodies, or jump to at least
challenge the shot.  Also, he didn't go after rebounds hard.  I thought
that was supposed to be one of his strengths, but he looked
intimidated(I'd be intimidated too if K.G. and Carter were elevating so
high that their waist was at my head level).  I think Vitaly runs the
court faster than Murphy.

On the positive side, the guy was built as tall and heavy as Alonzo
Morning (except for short arms), and aggressively looks to hit the open 20
footer.

So in conclusion, if Richardson(That's who I think Papile actually likes
on a trade up), Gasol and Kedrick Brown are the great upside guys, the C's
should go for it and don't waste time with Troy (although I know Celtics
management has coveted Murphy/Van Horn/Croshere type players in the past).

P.S.
Tinsley and Forte carried themselves like quietly confident, older players
(you could tell they're different from other college kids) but had bad
games because the NBA allstar counterparts were so physical and tall.

On a different allstar game, saw Omar Cook, Gerald Wallace, and Zach
Randolph play.  The first two are alot more athletic(high risers) than
anyone we have at the 1, 2 or 3 spot (including Paul).  Wallace dives on
the floor and hustles on defense even on an exhibition game, and Cook is
fast but doesn't seem near the offensive talent that Kenny Anderson is.
Randolph played like a monster (Fortson/Webber/Brand type hands, but with
serious mobility and a post up game).