RE: ESPN Insider Power Rankings

At 16:57 11/07/01 -0400, Liles, Donald wrote:
>Battling for the 8th spot: Atlanta, Detroit, Indiana, Boston, maybe even NJ.

Hi Don:

Thanks for that post. It made me glad the NJ Nets didn't add both Jason
Kidd AND Eddie Griffin. Somehow Jason Collins and Brandon Armstrong don't
strike fear in my heart (Kidd does, however).

I see no particular reason to fear Atlanta, Detroit or Indiana (unless Bird
replaced Isiah as coach).

Shareef is moving to a team that seems only marginally more talented (32
games under .500 last year) than the one he led before (36 games under
.500). It was still a major improvement for that team though.

I'm glad that talent is moving back into our conference though, both
through the draft and through trades.

Joe

BTW, Atlanta's Shaw League roster could include Nebraska point guard Cookie
Belcher. The only "veterans" are DerMarr Johnson, Dion Glover and Cal
Bowdler. I hope Joe Johnson and our rookie class just rip these guys to shreds.