RE: ESPN Insider Power Rankings

Mark,

Thanks for posting this. A couple quick thoughts, I don't think that the
evaluation
is very off. With the team they have now including the 3 draft picks, heck
even adding
Nazr I still think that they will only be battling for the 8th spot.
Although Nazr or anyone
would be an improvement, I agree.

I agree Atlanta has improved, so the C's will find themselves fighting
Atlanta, Detroit and if Kidd is a miracle worker NJ for that spot. If Larry
Brown doesn't come back to Philly, they will plummet as Iverson won't be
able to do it two times in a row. (still surprised If Toronto loses all of
their free agents, I believe they will become a non-factor Antonio Davis,
Jerome and Alvin Williams would leave holes on that team. Even Lenny Wilkens
can't win with so little. Then again, maybe he can convince Craig Ehlo to
come out of retirement so he can guard Jordan. <smirk> But even with MJ, I
don't think the Bullets/Wizards/Mystics will be a threat. (unless he is
guarded every game by the aforementioned Ehlo)

Currently, I see the following teams probably making the playoffs from the
East,
in no particular area.
Philly
Milwaukee
Toronto
New York
Orlando
Charlotte
Miami

Battling for the 8th spot: Atlanta, Detroit, Indiana, Boston, maybe even NJ.

If we could add Nazr or someone who could bang down there (not Todd
McCullough or Matt Geiger) it would improve things greatly for us. Perhaps
we could lure Greg Kite out of retirement.

I keep thinking that having so many wing players will lead us to some sort
of trade, but nothing seems to be out there at all. Has anyone heard anymore
on the Kenny for DC trade?

Don