Re: [Celtic_Pride] Digest Number 143

>   From: Peter Delevett <pdelevett@yahoo.com> wrote:

>1) Mark Strickland, NJ - 6'10, 220 lbs.

I like Strickland's toughness . However, given our center rotation of
Pot-Blount-Battie (and sometimes Macarthy), I think we should be
looking for a young project to work with, rather than a established
journeyman.

>2) Samaki Walker, SA - 6'9, 250 (with a 7-foot
>wingspan).

I am intrigued with this guy too. I think he is listed as 6-11, at
least he looks like it on TV. Drafted 3 spots lower than Antione,
should be a "player" right? I watched the Spurs-Lakers series and
Walker couldn't get off the bench, even though Duncan and DRob were
having a bad series. Popovich put Malik Rose (all of 6-7) on Shaq, now
why didn't Pop use Walker???

I just read Samaki was wavied by the Spurs, even though he's only paid
2.2mil. I don't think Samaki is going to command the 4.5mil slot with
other interested teams, rather the 1.2mil exception would be more
likely. We don't have this exception.

kevin