Re: East All Star Team

As I stated in my post, I lumped the SG/SFs together. I did so because so
many of them are interchangeable. Pierce is a forward when he's playing with
Stith, but he's a guard when he plays with Eric Williams. Mashburn is a
forward, but he plays guard when the Hornets want to go big. Rose swings
between guard and forward. The point is, they're all swingmen, and you can
make an argument for all of them, including Pierce. And if you don't care
about team records, what are they playing the games for? The all-star game
is for the game's best players, not just the best scorers. There's a
difference. Stackhouse and Marbury made it because they have overwhelming
credentials, despite the poor records of their teams. Stackhouse leads the
league in scoring and Marbury clearly is the best point guard in the East.
"David J. Boutte" <dajubo@earthlink.net <mailto:dajubo@earthlink.net>>
wrote:
I wouldn't put any of them ahead of Pierce. I'd rule out Miller and Rose,
because they are guards. Same for Eddie Jones and David Wesley. Latrell
Sprewell and Jamal Mashburn, although traditionally thought of as being
better than Pierce, are not having better seasons than Pierce. Also, I don't
buy the argument of better team records. Stackhouse and Marbury both are on
bad teams, but they are rightfully All Stars.