all-stars

So, why exactly are Houston, Mason, Robinson and Allen more deserving of All-Star selection than Pierce and Walker? Ah yes, playing reasonably well while surrounded by a core of solid veterans is more difficult than carrying a team on your back day in and day out with an egomaniac coach yelling at you for 3/4ths of the season. Speaking of carrying a team, I guess when you're Jerry Stackhouse and put up a thousand shots on a bad team to score 30ppg at a .41 clip, you're an All-Star. But Pierce, who shoots at .45FG%, and Walker, who's a better 3pt shooter, superior rebounder and at least as good a passer, are just selfish, inefficient ball hogs on a bad team, while the Pistons are so much higher in the standings than the Celtics because of Stack.

Whatever, I hope they both take the same approach as Pierce did when he dropped to 10 in the draft. When their All-Stars get shut down, like Stack last night, and Pierce and Walker drop 60 points, 20 rebounds, and 15 assists on their team, the other coaches can contemplate the omission of Walker and Pierce from the selection.

Here's a thought: maybe the coaches, like Mark, can't forgive Paul and Toine for "doing Pitino in". I mean, before, Boston was an easy W; now, with JO'B at the helm, you have to fight tooth and nail, and are lucky to escape with a narrow victory if you shoot the lights out on your home court.

What are the odds that Mr. Global Expansion picks at least one of them as replacement for the two "fan" selections? (Speaking of that, why didn't these morons just pick Dominique or Bird? Oh yeah, they weren't born yet when these guys played so they haven't seem them on their cereal boxes). Oh well, enough of my annual All-Star selection rant.

Kestas