disjointed thoughts on the GS game

This one was frustrating. GS is such an annoying team. They were making
threes in the first half like they were Sacramento or something, they made
key steals and seemingly all their FTs down the stretch. I hate teams like
that.
You just HAVE to make a layup on a fast break at the end of the game. I
guess that's why Randy Brown is a backup. And Pierce again  had a poor
shooting game, missing several layups before that last critical miss on a
tip-in.  Got 28 and 11, though.
Antoine again played really well, spread the rock around,  but only got
credited with 7 assists because of the poor shooting of his teammates. He
also played tough D, as did the rest of the Celtics. Had a couple of passes
intercepted at the most inopportune time, though.
The Celtics really need someone else to shoot the ball half-decently with
Kenny out, Stith in a slump because of the mangled finger, and others
generally unable to shoot the basketball. They pass it around nicely now
when defenses clamp down on Walker and Pierce, but if the other players
can't knock the open shot down...The only exception might be Carr, but he
allegedly has defensive issues. On the other hand, if you're gonna waste 10
minutes on someone like McCarty, why not give them to someone who at least
can shoot? Pot has put a few good games together, while Blount wasn't much
of a factor tonight. Not a single rebound in 22 minutes?
The complete transformation of Eric Williams baffles me. He used to be a
terror in the low post. Remember his rookie year? Now he's much fitter,
allegedly wiser, supposed to be a superb defender, but is basically a
shooting guard with a very unreliable shot, suspect decision-making on
offense, and no rebounding or shotblocking. Where did all those low-post
moves go? It seems that every time he drives now he either gets stripped,
or commits an offensive foul.
Speaking of offensive fouls, it's become completely ridiculous with all
that flopping. It's time for Cowens to demonstrate again what a real foul
looks like.
On a brighter note, we're doing pretty well when a 2-2 western road trip
seems like a disappointment. We realistically could've gone 4-0...

Kestas