Dignity

Hi All,

I know that for the last 3.5 years we all had good reason to be upset with
the antics of Rick Pitino.  Let's actually put into perspective the length
of the era of our discontent.  He was hired in roughly May.  From May 1997
to May 1998, that was the honeymoon capped off by the June draft in which
the team got Paul Pearce.  Some would argue that the trouble began with the
Anderson trade.  Discontent existed throughout the league up to February
1999 with the shortened season.  The Celtics started reasonably fast that
year with Pearce leading the way.  Then it went bad.  The trouble began with
the trade of the pick for V.  That was the trade that would sink the
Celtics.  Therefore, from March 1999 to January 2001, Pitino has been the
object of ridicule.  Why?  He put himself into that position.  Now, he will
be bringing himself out of it with some semblance of dignity.  Good luck
Rick, you tried too hard.

If Rick can give up so much money, I ask this then: why can't the players do
the same?  Why do we have to put up with Anderson, V. Williams, Tony, all
overpayed and underachieving.  If Pearce was at the 11 milll or so for 7
years, I'd add him there as well.

Richard Quan

Email: rquan@sympatico.ca (Home)
           rquan1@yahoo.com (Email by Phone)