Re: Bulpett wants Ricky to stay...and really screw things up?

>My point is Pitino can't be as bad as he has shown so far.  He must be
>trying to do too much at the same time.  Either bring in someone to run the
>team as President or as Coach.  Hire local sports marketing people like
>Bobby Orr who understand the Boston fan.  Pull this team up from where it
>is.  Add some professionalism to the organization.

><Jim

I guess I would just ask you Jim, why can't he be as bad as he's shown so
far? We've all bought the "Rick Pitino knows everything about basketball"
line and maybe, just maybe Ricky is simply a guy who knows everything about
basketball in theory, in a perfect world...in a world that no longer exists
in the NBA 2001. Maybe the guy is just simply a great college coach
....period, end of story. There's nothing wrong with that. Maybe the
franchise just needs to cut its losses and get rid of him. I don't know
what his contract says about being fired as opposed to quitting but right
now Gaston needs to get him away from the team and if he has to cut Ricky a
big check, so be it. Screw it, just get rid of this guy as nothing good can
"possibly" happen if he stays. It hasn't so far. I think at some point you
just have to say that the guy is as bad as the record shows.

Paul M.