RE: Bird buying Celtics??

Jordan simply does not mean the same to the Wizards as Larry does to the
Celtics. That's not a great comparison. And Jordan had zero NBA managerial experience.
At least Bird had coached in the league and presumably had a say in whom
the Pacers drafted. Bird also has shown a keen insight in talent evaluation in the past.
He was a big fan of Paul Pierce. He saw something in Jalen Rose and Croshere that
other people missed. He might not be Jerry West, but I expect him to be a vast improvement
over Pitino. With good management, the salary cap hurdle will be smoothed out over the
next three years. And somehow the cap doesn't seem to effect the Trailblazers, because it all
comes down to talent. Bird should be much more effective at acquiring said talent than Pitino.

New ownership and a GM with good evaluatory skills
will get the C's back on the winning track.
Ray