Re: Bird buying Celtics??

In a message dated 01/03/2001 11:12:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kai_brunnen_g@ix.netcom.com writes:

> Bird equals respect, hope, and most importantly for the new ownership:

Jordan brought the same to the Wiz, folks.  I'd rather see Bird as coach than
as GM/president, but would take him in either capacity.  Having him as
President/GM would sound nice, and warm the cockles of our green hearts, but
that salary cap is a rock hanging around everyone's neck.  Like many on this
list, I really thought Pitino could pull this off.  He hasn't.  Like most on
this list, I would hope Bird could pull it off.  Can he?  What is he going to
do that Pitino couldn't do, other than, perhaps, hire a better coach? He'll
get the draft picks, we hope, and pick 'em right, unlike Rick's "backcourt of
the future."  We win with players, not executives.  And I think that both
Walker and Pierce are worth keeping, absent some terrific deal.
   Just my $0.02.