Re: V to Miami???

I think the trade would involve expiring contracts... guys like Duane
Causwell or Eddie House. The idea wouldn't be to improve the Celtics on the
court, simply to get rid of a bad contract and improve salary cap position.
If Battie were coming back soon, I might see it. He and Blount can handle
the bulk of the center minutes. But I'll be surprised if it happens now.

By the way, if the Celts make a move, that's the kind I expect. Dumping a
contract (V, Kenny) for nothing, just to get rid of the guy and his bad
deal. It's still unlikely, but if a team is desperate for help at that spot
(Miami at center; NY at PG?)... The other option I could see is going the
other way and trading a Bryant Stith (whose $5 mill contract runs out after
this season) for a better player with a longer-term contract. A team looking
for salary cap room this summer (Houston, Detroit...) might give up an asset
taking up cap space for Stith, whose contract expires and is playing a
lesser role under O'Brien.

Mark