Re: astute analysis by BSG, addressing Mark's point

    I was tempted to blame Pierce's second half shooting pct. slump to the
"Kenny effect", recalling the "Ron Mercer effect" where Pierce stopped getting
the ball where he wanted and became a wallflower. Walker has fallen from 7
assists to more like 3 assists per game in the second half with Kenny's return.
That's not to say there is any clear cause and effect, but Pierce and Walker
were at their best when they were playing a two-man passing  game. Walker
probably had an empty tank last night (2-10 on threes), but he at least went 9-9
from the line and got the double-double.

    If nothing else, Walker's three-point shooting form strengthens the familiar
if mostly baseless Magic analogy. They both lobbed similar-looking set shots
that were deceptively accurate, both were tall but very aggressive dribblers who
could go end-to-end off their own defensive rebound. I would like Walker to run
the offense, traditional point guards like Kenny or Herren be damned. It just
seems to get Walker hyped up and more productive all around. I think we miss
Randy Brown as much as we miss Battie, to the degree that Brown could seal the
defensive perimeter and knew his role on offense.

    Walker is our power forward, but that's mainly by default. If we can draft a
Eddie Griffin or get Moiso to have a breakout sophomore year, then I think the
team would benefit in won-loss even more than if we find immediate upgrades at
point guard or even center (not that that would be so bad either). Walker
doesn't seem like a longterm answer at power forward, where you really need an
automatic basket in the paint type of lowpost threat. His 2-point FG% is
extremely low for that position.

---------