Re: The pretend ALL Stars comments

Mafiaso316 stated:
>I agree completely with Adam, who the hell cares what other players think of
>our team and our players.  These guys are not playing to win popularity
>contests, they are playing to win games and that is what they are being paid
>to do, you think Bird, Russell, Hondo, Parish, Cousy, and all the other
>Celtic greats cared whether they were popular around the league or not, hell
>no, they played to win.  Go Antoine, do the wiggle and rub it in their faces
>as often as you can, make them despise you and just do one thing to make it
>hurt more and that is just win.

I'd be willing to bet they all wanted to be respected.  That's what
Stackhouse was referring to.  Respect.  And Hardaway.  Etc...

Now do these guy's deserve our players respect?  I don't know that answer,
but it is preferable to have other players "want" to play with the players
on your team then not particularly when looking at trades and free agents.

<Jim