next year's roster and the trade deadline

Given the Celtics stirring victory over the Blazers, this may not be the
best time to start talking about trades.  It was a great win against a
team that was playing great defense and clearly didn't look past the
Celtics.

However, there are some roster issues that we will have to clear up in the
next 6 months.  According to Patricia, we will have 10 players under
contract next year (Battie, Walker, Vitaly, Moiso, Brown, Anderson, Stith
Pierce, McCarty, and Blount).  Eric Williams has an opt out clause, but
does anyone really think he'll leave $26 million on the table over the
next three years. That means 11 guaranteed contracts and 3 1st round draft
picks who will also have guaranteed contracts.  Thta means we'd only be
able to keep one of Chris Carr, AG, Chris Herren, and Milt Palacios.

We also have a very unbalanced roster that includes 4 point guards and 3
Centers.  Somehow, we have to combine these extra assets into an upgrade
at the point or Center. Who are our targets and what can we offer?  We
have to do something before the draft in June.

	  Dave Wickerham
	  aw623@freenet.buffalo.edu
	  Saratoga Springs, NY