Re: Future manures

<< Um, did I miss something?  Didn't Houston trade for Jackson, but the deal
 was matched by Golden State, and now they're not playing him because of,
 in effect, spite, right?  I didn't pay any attention to May's article, as
 usual, so I don't know how this relates, but Houston would be an example
 of a team that was at least *trying* to beat down a door for his services,
   wouldn't it? >>

All I am saying is that for Jackson to have to settle for a 2-3 million
contract for a young pf/center type means to me that there wasn't much of a
demand for his services. Now it isn't that everyone wouldn't love to have
him. It just they didn't have the money available with the salary cap and the
luxury tax looming. I think Blount could get a raise from what he is getting
from us elsewhere but we are not talking big bucks here.

After watching Strickland again last night, I don't see us resigning him
unless it is for minimal dollars. There just won't be any competition for his
services and we got other  guys  who need the time.

I loved Tommy's comments last night about Dee Kantner. She has always left
something to be desired. Very inconsistent. I'm sure the PC-inclined wouldn't
like it, however.

I don't know why Obie tried to win this game straight-up. This was a 4 in 5
nights game with the last one being an overtime game. I feel he should have
said we are going to have a hard time winning this game so we are going to
make it a fun game. We are going to play the reserves a lot. The hope here
was to try to get the Kings to play down to the level of competition and not
concentrate and save the studs for the 4th quarter. However, we went with the
normal substitution and we were still down by 20 at the start of the 4th
quarter.

One other point. I feel that Kedrick is going to have a fundamental role in
the playoffs. We are going to need to bring him in to stop somebody. However,
they have done nothing to integrate him into the offense other than tell him
to go stand over by the 3 point line on the weak side. They have to develop
him a little more than that if you want to contribute in the playoffs. In the
playoffs, he could help us on the D but kill us on offense. You got to take
your lumps now so he is ready for the playoffs. How about a post up or set a
pick for him once in awhile....

DJessen33