Hey there,

> I try really hard not to make this about Antoine vs. Paul...Pierce shoots
> better from the field and 3-point range and, most importantly, doesn't
> settle for the quick 3-pointer as much as Toine (although he does settle
> too
> much). Check out free throw attempts. Huge difference, and that's so
> important. Pierce also is a great rebounder for his size and position
> (often
> 2-guard), averaging about 7 per game. He's not the ball-handler or passer
> Antoine is, no question. But Antoine's ball-handling and passing isn't all
> that valuable when he spends most of his time drifting at the 3-point line
> waiting for a pass.

Antoine is a good ball handler for his size...but in the pure since I
certainly
agree with Peter May, Pierce is a much ball handler. I think Pierce cover
the court much faster with the ball then Walker, and seems a bit more smooth
and natural. Walker is a bit better at kinda "tricky" dribbles...but he makes
alot
of turnovers. He sometimes dribbles the ball of his foot, and often has his
pocket
picked. Of course if you want to see a good handler KA is about as good as
they get. Though of course he loves to show boat. But he is certainly Harlem
Globetrotter
material. Allen Iverson might be better, but he is the only one I have seen
who is
as good as Kenny.

> I'm not saying Antoine is a bad player or the team would be better off
> without him. But the only thing keeping him from being great is his own
> judgment. Don't settle... attack the basket... post up... then use the
> 3-pointer as a weapon playing off the rest of your game. There's no way our
> best big guy, best rebounder, best offensive rebounder and best passer
> should be shattering the NBA record for 3-point attempts by some 200
> heaves.
> No way.

This is a good assement of Walker. I also agree that coach O'brien has to
support Walker. Walker is a an okay three point shooter. But clearly he LOVES
shooting them. Telling Walker not to shoot threes is like asking Kenny not to
dribble. Its postively pointless. With Walker you simply have to accept alot
of threes to get his
energy, competitive desire, rebounding, passing and ball-handling.

If you try to reign him in as a coach. Yes you WILL get fired. If he can
force Pitino out, the most famous coach in all of basketball, he can get
anyone forced out.

Pete