Re: 4-1 on the road

on 12/3/01 10:35 AM, Cecil Wright at cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca wrote:

This road trip EXCEEDED all expectations...but you watch and see if someone
doesn't find something to gripe about despite the defensive effort given at
Toronto.

Cecil
            **************
           Nope, it's only you Cecil. LOL No one else is grinding any axes.
  Not that we aren't stunned by the turn of events, but no one is
complaining.
           So many misconceived/preconceived notions were washed away
yesterday, it's hard to know where to start.
         When is the last time, the Celtics, on the road, clamped down with
some serious; whoop-ass "D," in the second half?
           It's been  felt so long, that we can beat the good teams, only
when Antoine and Paul both have big nights and we can beat some of the
better teams, if one of them pours in forty or so, but we can't even
consistently beat lottery teams, when neither of them score, that this win
was a true revelation.
   If you feel vindicated by all this, I'm happy for you this morning. You
certainly have ridden this horse quite bravely, for quite a while now.
   Besides the defensive effort, you had to notice the effort at involving
many players on the offensive end, at the start of the game. The, here to
fore, disappearing, Joe Johnson had eight, right off the bat.
   There are several on this board, including the unfairly maligned Mark
Berry, that recently posted, to the effect that;  good offensive rotation
and distribution of shots, would not only help the offense, but would help
the defense and rebounding, by getting players moving, up on the balls of
their feet and with more anticipation of shifts in direction.

       JB

                           Unchain My Heart!