Re: Kenny vs Milt

JB,
I remember one big  game against Indiana a couple of years ago when Mark
Jackson took Kenny into the low post and whupped up on him over and over.
Finally, Kenny was able to hide on the bench with too many fouls. Now,
Jackson has always been a great low post player for a point guard and
certainly Kenny has never been known for his defense. However, when a team
has a defensive weakness, other teams will exploit it. Teams don't focus on
these kinds of things in summer league. Again, I don't think we have a
requirement for a play-making point guard with the type of offense and
players we have, not that it couldn't hurt. The greater need is defense,
IMO....I have always like Vaughn's aggressiveness and he runs the break
effectively. However, he has never had anything near a shot. With his lack of
height, he also can be posted up....Now people thought PP's bread and butter
post up play would be lost  in the new rules. However, note that in the one
televised Shaw game that I taped, the Celts ran that same play twice with KB
and twice with JJ. Both guys use their physical abilities (height or jumping
ability) to work the play for scores. The pass has to be quick and over the
top from the top of the key. The guy making this pass must be able to have
vision (height) and passing ability (Walker,JJ).  This play isn't going
anytwhere without these guy's abilities. This year, not only do we have
another player who can be the entry player (JJ), we have two other players
who can be the finishers due the positive matchups (KB and JJ). Of course, I
forgot that the Celtics will still suck this year...

DJessen33