Bargain hunting

There still are some interesting veterans out there who might be had cheap,
considering the salary cap and luxury tax concerns around the league. As of
now, all of these guys are looking for work:

Anthony Mason
Marc Jackson
Chris Gatling
Gary Trent
Shammond Williams
Jimmy Jackson
Jelani McCoy
Carlos Rogers
Adam Keefe
Todd Fuller
A.C. Green
Vladimir Stepania
Mark Strickland

Mason, Marc Jackson or Gatling would be great. Trent, if healthy, would be a
terrific power forward option off the bench if they would play him there
when Antoine is at PG. Shammond Williams is a natural fit as that "I'm not
really a point guard but I play one on the Celtics" role. I've been a Jimmy
Jackson fan since his days at OSU and just have a hard time reconciling his
NBA reputation as a "problem" player with his ultimate team-player persona
from Ohio State. I always wonder how he'd fit in the right situation. Of
course, the Celtics need another swingman like they need a hole in the head.
The rest of the list is veteran big men in varying stages of their careers.
Would I shell out big money for any of them? No way, but if you could get
them cheap in this tight market, the only thing you lose is a roster spot
(and we have one to give).

Mark